The Kitchen @ The Ford is the heart of our home, with many hours spent cooking and baking for family friends and our guests.
At the Ford, we pride ourselves on our home baking and we try to include, where possible, locally sourced produce. We provide a Breakfast menu to include The Ford Cooked breakast, Pancakes with maple syrup, kenmare smoked salmon with our free-range eggs. Fresh juices, freshly ground coffee, and herbal teas are also included.
We provide evening meals on request, especially for the many walkers and cyclists that come to stay with us. Packed lunch is also offered and we endeavor to make them as interesting and wholesome as possible.
They can even include our delicious homeamade nutty and fruity muesli bars.
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 125ml milk
- 25g rasins
- 25g toasted nuts and/or hazlenuts
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place small spoonfulls into a greased pan over medium heat.
- Wait until small bubbles appear.
- Turn over until both sides are brown.
- That's It! Divine served with maple syrup or a drizzle of fruit coulis.